Re: fourier transform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61215] Re: fourier transform
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:39:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a discrete Fourier transform uses always equidistant sampled
data on the interval [0,2Pi) and you have to use
an interpolation if the data are not equidstant and a scaling
when you are not in the interval [0,2Pi).
Since the interval is fixed, Fourier[] don't need the independent
variables at all.

Regards
  Jens

"Masrur Hossain" <Lessjunk at yahoo.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dii9qs$9q1$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Hi folks
|           I have a list of pairs of numbers like

| The first part is time and second part is
amplitude.

| when I do the fourier transform by using
| Fourier[list]
|
| it gives me list of complex numbers but I expect
real numbers