VECTOR coordinate transformation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61242] VECTOR coordinate transformation?
  • From: "na" <na at na.na.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 05:53:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
Is there any built-in command in Mathematica, which converts a vector's
coordinate system say from Cartesian to Spherical, or Spherical to
Cylindrical?  By the way, I know about CoordinatesToCartesian[] and
CoordinatesFromCartesian[] already, and those are for "points" not
"vectors".  I'd like to know if there an equivalent command for VECTORS.
Thank you for your help!