Re: Function, Command, Operator, Object...etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61396] Re: Function, Command, Operator, Object...etc.
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

these things have all the same representation
in Mathematica, even some guys
think that a Object is different from a Function.

Regards
  Jens

"Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dislg0$mg4$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Section 2.1.2 of The Mathematica Book for 5.2
discusses different ways to
| interpret parts of expressions.  The examples
given are "Function, Command,
| Operator, Head and Object type."  Do these terms
have any meaning within
| the Mathematica language, or are these purely
conceptual ideas intended to
| aid the user in understanding the language?  Are
these terms given formal
| definitions as regards their meaning when used
to discuss Mathematica?  If
| so, where might I find these definitions?
| --
| "Philosophy is written in this grand book, The
Universe. ... But the book
| cannot be understood unless one first learns to
comprehend the language...
| in which it is written. It is written in the
language of mathematics, ...;
| without which wanders about in a dark
labyrinth."   The Lion of Gaul