JLink discover and link to an already running kernel from a Java App

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61579] JLink discover and link to an already running kernel from a Java App
  • From: j michopoulos <john.michopoulos at nrl.navy.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 05:11:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Another variation of my previous posting (see below) can be expressed as
follows:

Is it possible to detect from within a Java app if a Mathematica Kernel
is already running and after that connect to it? If yes, how?

I would enormously appreciate it if somebody could point me to an
example or document that will shed some light on this, or,
alternatively, share his/her experience on the subject.

Thanks greatly,

-john michopoulos
John G. Michopoulos, Ph. D.
Naval Research Laboratory,
Center of Computational Material Science
Special Projects Group, Code 6390.2
Computational Multiphysics Systems Lab.
4555 Overlook Ave. SW, Washington DC 20375
tel.202.767.2189
e-mail: john.michopoulos at nrl.navy.mil