Re: Memory leak, once again.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61626] Re: Memory leak, once again.
  • From: "Sander" <asmirnov57 at yandex.ru>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:44:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks to those who answered to me in the e-mails!
Just about the moment I received the letter with the solution,
I finally found the right answer myself as well,
and it is the
Developer`ClearCache[]
thing.
But it still keeps amazing, how deep in Mathematica this utility is,
and how the cache is not documented - it took really long time to find
it.
As I understand it now, the Cache keeps growing all the time
Mathematica works,
and it is not stored in any variable, so clearing In, Out, or the whole
variable list
does not free the memory.
I wonder if it would be usefull if Mathematica had more information
about that.