Re: Zero-based indexing option?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg61648] Re: Zero-based indexing option?
- From: "Valeri Astanoff" <astanoff at yahoo.fr>
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:07:05 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello Matt, Seems that such a zero-based indexing option isn't available in Mathematica. Usually the Mathematica way to do what you want is not to use explicit loops but most often to use Map or Scan or similar functions. Let me quote a well known Mathematica guru : "Because Mathematica provides procedural programming constructs, a programmer with a traditional background is likely to fall into the trap of programming the same way he always has. Unfortunately, the best way of doing something is almost never the procedural way" David B.Wagner - Power programming with Mathematica. hth v.a.