Re: Running the kernel command line with additional input files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg61663] Re: Running the kernel command line with additional input files
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

kalymereau at yahoo.fr wrote:
> Hi MathGroup
>
> I have a package myPack.m that reads input from two text files
> file1.txt file2.txt
>
> The names of the files will change from job to job and thus have to be
> given by the user.
>
> Thus I would like to run something like
>    math < myPack.m (whatever) file1.txt file2.txt
>
> I have tried with Input[] instructions in myPack.m but it doesn't work.
>
> How could I do that ?
>
> Thanks

Hello,

As an example, the following command will run the kernel on the given .m
file without displaying anything:

"c:\program files\wolfram research\mathematica\5.1\Mathkernel" -mathlink
-initfile test1.m

I think the command line details are a bit system dependant.

To feed in some data files, you could either use the -run option to
specify a starting command, or it might be easier to set the name of the
file in an environment variable and then pick this up inside your code
using the Environment function.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk