anyone running Mathematica 5.x on Rosetta ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60206] anyone running Mathematica 5.x on Rosetta ?
  • From: febo.aristots at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 04:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Has anyone tried Mathematica on Rosetta, the PPC translator for Mac OS
x86 ?
I've succeeded in running the Frontend, and I am able to do calculation
from the Terminal launching MathKernel directly. But when I try to use
MathKernel from the frontend the kernel seems to start and never to
return any value. Quitting the frontend doesn't quit the MathKernel
process, I have to use kill -9 from the Terminal. There seems to be
some interprocess communication failure between the frontend and
Mathkernel. Maybe some endianess problem, since the PPC and x86 are
inverted in this respect. Is there some MathKernel option I could try
to work around the problem ?