New SetFaceAndFont Palette, please help me to check!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60264] New SetFaceAndFont Palette, please help me to check!
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 04:07:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Almost a year back I submitted to MathGroup a SetFaceAndFont palette. Now I
have completely revised this palette, and added a lot of functions:

Search buttons, for searching the Online Mathematica help, the MathGroup
(and Wiki-webMathematica) and the whole web (including your own desktop, if
you have Google Desktop with Wolfram Notebook Indexer installed). Just
select some words and press the button...

Bracketing buttons to add different brackets around the selection.

A list item duplicator button, which duplicates the selection with a comma
inserted in between. This button can also be used after interactive choice
of points in a plot (See menu item Get Graphics Coordinates...) or be used
to duplicate cells.

A "peel" button to remove brackets (of almost any kind), with the separate
ability to turn cells into text cells with text as TextData. It eliminates
the annoying reformatting when you delete one quote or bracket and suddenly
lose sight of the matching partner.

A rewritten CopyAsInputFormK button, for copying code with formatting
removed. Embedded InvisibleSpace? No problems, it is converted to a usual
visible one,

Fontsize, fontcolor and background color buttons.

And if all your spaces have been transformed into multiplication signs,
there is a button for that...

Help function, integrated into the Mathematica help.

Even if you usually do not use palettes much, you might find this palette
useful. Please visit my web site
http://web.telia.com/~u31815170/Mathematica for download, and please report
any errors you find or any comments you have.

Ingolf Dahl
Sweden