NonlinearFit - Logistic Function-CalcCenter3

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60443] NonlinearFit - Logistic Function-CalcCenter3
  • From: Oddur Bjarnason <oddur.bjarnason at broadpark.no>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:50:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I can fit a logistic function of the form
a/(1 + b*Exp[-c*t])

to the data points -0.06 -0.05
      0.97 -4.2
      1.99 -9.79
      3 -12.44
      3.99 -14.57
      5.92 -16.85
      7.87 -17.27
      11.89 -17.69
      15.8 -17.74
      19.74 -17.77
      23.67 -18.19

I can not fit the same function to the data points
      -0.08 0.05
      0.96 -3.19
      1.93 -6.4
      2.98 -10.32
      3.97 -11.8
      5.92 -13.98
      7.88 -14.12
      11.85 -15.34
      15.79 -14.61
      19.7 -15.43
      23.67 -15.83

I have tried to do it with Mathematica without success.

I have no problem when I use a progam called CurveExpert.

Regards, Oddur Bjarnason