Re: Batch

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60449] Re: [mg60364] Batch
  • From: Maria Cristina Dias Tavares <cristina at dsce.fee.unicamp.br>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:50:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

    I thank both Dave and Luc very much, I manage to go one step further.

    I have tryed  SelectionEvaluation before, but I could not identify
the notebook properly. Now after you told me I tryed with NotebookOpen
and it couldn't find the file ($Failed). I had to include my working
directory in the preferences, and now it works.

    I prepare a very simple test, just a notebook calling a second nb
which calls a third one.  It works perfectly, opened and executed each
notebook without a problem.

    Then I put these callings inside a loop (Do) which would just print
the loop iteration number.

    Now I come to another problem. All the expressions inside the loop
are executed and only afterwards the execution of  the second notebook
is performed. Only after that the execution of notebook 3 is evaluated.

    This is not what I need. I need that the calling of the notebook
evalutaion is treated  like if it were a routine, the program is
deviated to the second notebook and after evaluating it completely it
would come back to the following command inside the loop.

    Can anyone give me another advice ?

    Thank you very much.

    Regards,

            Maria Cristina

--
Profa Maria Cristina Tavares
Faculdade de Engenharia Elétrica e de Computação