Import and Export of HDF or HDF5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60575] Import and Export of HDF or HDF5
  • From: "Simon Chandler" <simon.chandler at teraview.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:16:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can anyone point me to some tutorial information about using Export
with the HDF or HDF5 formats for anything other than very simple data
lists.  An example notebook would be a big help.  I have managed to
Import a file containing multiple data objects (e.g.,
http://www.space-research.org/examples/MODB_ex2_uv.hdf) but I can't
work out how to Export such a file.

Any guidance you can give on using HDF5 or HDF with Mathematica would
be gratefully received.