Re: Mathematica 5.0 and Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60610] Re: [mg60597] Mathematica 5.0 and Excel
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:08:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Steeve,

> I need to import some matrix in excel to mathematica. I have
> try to save my excel files in CSV but the result, when i
> import this file to mathematica isn't what i want.
>
> How can i import some data from Excel to Mathematica ?

It's difficult to tell, since you haven't said what you're doing, what
results you expect, exactly how things have turned pear-shaped, nor even
what version of Mathematica you're using.

Nevertheless ...

For Versions > 5, saving Excel speadsheets as CSV files and importing the
CSV file using Import[] works without problems.  For 5.2, you can even
Import["file.xls"].

Regards,

Dave.