Re: Outputting MatrixForm to Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60628] Re: Outputting MatrixForm to Word
  • From: Mike <m.HoneychurcNOSPAMh at uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 05:42:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 19/9/05 7:29 PM, in article dgm0d0$nov$1 at smc.vnet.net, "Chris Chiasson"
<chris.chiasson at gmail.com> wrote:

> *There is a convoluted way that involves conversion to LaTeX and then
> to RTF and then to Word. I don't know if it works for matrices.

It does. http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5698/

However if you only want to convert a single MatrixForm cell as opposed to
an entire notebook then a more direct way is this:

[In1]:=  ls = DiagonalMatrix[{a, b, c, d}];

[In2]:=  ls2 = MatrixForm[ls]

Then

[In3]:= Display["!latex2rtf -o ls2.rtf", ls2, "TEX"]

This assumes that you have latex2rtf installed. The switch "-o" is for
naming of the output file, in this case ls2.rtf.

When you open ls2.rtf you will notice that the matrixform is a field. You
can double click this and it will open the MS Word equation editor and you
will need to do this (opening and then closing the equation editor) to get
it to display correctly.

Mike