Re: Problem in loading the Statistics package.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60641] Re: Problem in loading the Statistics package.
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 04:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some troubles in using the CorrelationMatrix function which
> is part of the Statistics package. I understand (but might be wrong!)
> that by running:
>
>      << Statistics`
>      ?CorrelationMatrix
>
> I'm loading all the functions in the package and checking that
> "CorrelationMatrix" ss loaded. However I get:
>
>      Statistics`Common`MultivariateCommon`CorrelationMatrix
>
> and the function is not yet loaded. On the other hand if I do:
>

>     <<Statistics`Common`MultivariateCommon`
>     ?CorrelationMatrix
>
> again the function is not loaded. The only way to get it is by:
>
>     << Statistics`Common`MultivariateCommon`
>     ?CorrelationMatrix
>
> from which:
>
> CorrelationMatrix[{{x11, ..., x1p}, ..., {xn1, ..., xnp}}] gives the p
> \
> x p correlation matrix of the n p-dimensional vectors. \
> CorrelationMatrix[{{x11, ..., x1p}, ..., {xn1, ..., xnp}}, {{y11, ...,
> y1q}, \
> ...., {yn1, ..., ynq}}] gives the p x q correlation matrix between the n
> \
> p-dimensional vectors and the n q-dimensional vectors.
>

> I'm running Mathematica 5.0 student edition. Is this is problem with
> Mathematica or am I missing something?
>

> Thank you in advance,
>
> David

Since the function appears in the following packages, you must
load/decide which one you want:

Statistics`LinearRegression` ,
Statistics`MultiDescriptiveStatistics` ,
Statistics`MultiDiscreteDistributions` ,
Statistics`MultinormalDistribution` ,
[Statistics`Common` is NOT a package, do not load it directly]

Then you use either one of the commands

Needs["Statistics`LinearRegression`"]
Needs["Statistics`MultiDescriptiveStatistics`"]
Needs["Statistics`MultiDiscreteDistributions`"]
Needs["Statistics`MultinormalDistribution`"]

Regards,
/J.M.