Re: Connecting to MSDE database

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60718] Re: Connecting to MSDE database
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <droukas at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:36:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You might try placing your database file in the location:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Mathematica\Applications\DatabaseResources\books.mdb

You might need to make the directory DatabaseResources if it is not there,
and the above path might differ from yours depending upon your setup.

You would then launch Mathematica, creating the following two inputs:
In[1]:=
Needs["DatabaseLink`"]
In[6]:=
DatabaseExplorer[]

and that should be enough to get your gui database explorer interface up and
running.

Hope this helps,
Steven Shippee
slshippee at comcast.net