Using the solution of a differential equation and minimizing the solution.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60751] Using the solution of a differential equation and minimizing the solution.
  • From: jctobin at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 03:45:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
       I am working in beam physics.I am getting used to mathematica
now.But feel little uncomfortable doing few things.

Now I solved a differential (simulataneous ) equation in
{X''(z),Y''(z),X(z),Y(z)} with four intial conditons and getting the
answer for X & Y in interpolating function.I plot it for required z and
its all fine and great and FAST!!

Question 1:
Now I want to find the minimum of this solution X(z).How do i use the
function FindMinimum for this interpolating function?

Question 2: In the long run I want to find the value of the intial
conditions of the differential equation that will minimize
||X(zlast)-X(zfirst)|| from the solution of the differential
equation?Any idea..Its a challenging problem.

regards,
Beam Crazy