Processing graphics from C programme with MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60759] Processing graphics from C programme with MathLink
  • From: Robert Cussons <r.cussons at gsi.de>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:15:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a C programme that reads data from a number of files and arranges them
into a list for Mathematica to access and then plot, Mathematica then exports
this plot as an .eps to ghostview. This works when I run the code direct from
Mathematica, but now I have tried to transport the code into the C programme
to fully automate the process and I cannot get it to work. As you can
imagine, I have a number of set commands to produce the required tables. But
I don't know how to check whether these are being processed correctly. The
most puzzling thing is I don't know why, even if other things are wrong, why
ghostview doesn't launch. Shown below is a section of code including the
attempt to launch ghostview. I have been at this solidly for a few days now
and would be very grateful for some help!! Thanks, Rob.

MLINK lp;
	int pkt;
	MLEnvironment env;

 	env = MLInitialize(NULL);
	if(env == NULL)
	{
		return 1;
	}
	lp = MLOpen(argc, argv);
	if(lp == NULL)
	{
		return 1;
	}

	MLPutFunction(lp, "EvaluatePacket", 1);
		MLPutFunction(lp, "ToExpression", 1);
			MLPutString(lp,
"Put[Export[\"~fmd/program/Be7/AV18gamma-cp-wb-ls-ic/energylevels.eps\",
Join[pllist, labels], Rule[PlotRange, All], Rule[FrameTicks, List[Automatic,
Automatic, None, Automatic]], Rule[AxesLabel, List[\"\", \"Energy/MeV\"]],
Rule[ImageSize, List[1000, 1000]]], \"!gv energylevels.eps &\"]");
	while((pkt = MLNextPacket(lp)) && pkt != RETURNPKT)
		MLNewPacket(lp);
	MLNewPacket(lp);
	MLEndPacket(lp);

	MLClose(lp);