Re: Problem running multiple lines in a cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60771] Re: Problem running multiple lines in a cell
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:41:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
> Sometimes if I have several lines in a cell and the first line has a ;
> at the end, the second line does not evaluate correctly....when I remove
> the ; from the first line then the first and second line evaluate
> correctly....if i then put the ; at the end of the first line again and
> re-run the cell, the cell evaluates correctly....
>
> has anyone else experienced this?

No, not exactly as you describe. Anyway my suspection is, that there could
be  "invisible characters" within your cell that could make the evaluation
struggle and that you delete along with the ; and don't reenter when you
put the ; back in place. To check for invisible characters you can use
Ctrl-Shift-E (Alt-Shift-E on Mathematica 4 on Linux) within the problematic
cell to see the raw content of the cell expressions. But be warned, this is
sometimes difficult to read...

Albert