Re: N-nested For loops, with N variable - Best way to implement?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60767] Re: N-nested For loops, with N variable - Best way to implement?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:41:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi lost and lonely,
if you really want to work with loopps and not tensors, you may first
assemble the iterator and then put it into a table.
E.g. assume we have n loops from 1 to lim. Inside the loop we merely
print all the running indices:

n=3;
lim=2;
iter=Table[{i[k],lim},{k,n}];
Table[
   Print[Table[i[k],{k,n}]]
   ,Evaluate[Sequence@@iter]]

Because Table has the attribute "HoldAll" you need the "Evaluate".
Because you want to splice the iterators into the parameter lits for
Table, you need the "Sequence".

sincerely, Daniel