Re: Importing (and dealing with) multiple files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60829] Re: Importing (and dealing with) multiple files
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:43:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
        Something like this ?

First define a function that returns, say, the filename and the two
parameters theta1, theta2 from the results of analysing one data file:

stats[fn_] := Module[{rawdata,croppedcorrelation, statistics},
        rawdata=Import[fn, "Table"];
        croppedcorrelation = Take[rawdata, {75, 185}];
       statistics = NonlinearRegress[croppedcorrelation, math_here ...];
       {fn, theta1, theta2} /. statistics]

Get a list of the files, no need to know how many

dataFiles = FileNames["*.ASC", "C:\\"]

If each file represents a time point, then the order may matter, in which
case you may need to sort them somehow.

dataFiles=Sort[dataFiles,   someSortingFunction ]
Then map the function over the list to return a table.

Map[stats, dataFiles]

You can adapt the details depending what you want exactly.

John Jowett