Re: nonlinear fit question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg60834] Re: nonlinear fit question
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Kevin
you are confusing range and starting values. What you spezify are
starting values, see the documentation.
To ensure convergence to the minimum you want, You can either give
better starting values (e.g. decrease xmax-xmin) or use another function
like FindMinimum, where you can specify the range
sincerely, Daniel