Re: Re: Typing special symbols in text mode?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65506] Re: [mg65479] Re: Typing special symbols in text mode?
  • From: "Christopher Arthur" <pannoniara at aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 06:56:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

We should note that there is a slight bug with this approach: even if you
inline a simple equation like 3+5x=f(x), then it doesn't get placed into
math environment in LaTeX.  For some reason, I guess the converter only
converts to math mode those expressions that obviously need special
formatting, like fractions or subscripts.  It turns out to be a problem
because then these simple functions don't look right in the DVI or final
product of your TeX.

The only way that I've figured out how to go around it is to fool the
converter first by placing a framebox around all such problematic inline
cells, then do a global edit of the fbox that is created in the TeX output.