Re: WebMathematica install question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65802] Re: [mg65756] WebMathematica install question
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 02:28:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

So far as I can tell on my own system, webMathematica will run fine with
Mathematica 5.2.

I have had trouble sometimes trying to have two different versions of
Mathematica on my system at the same time, precisely because it's
confused mathpass.  The problem arises when the two versions have
different license expiration dates and the later-expiring version looks
at the date on the earlier-expiring one.  It's not supposed to do that,
but it has, and it's usually been fixed (after consultation with Wolfram
Tech Support) by a reordering of the entries in mathpass or installation
of the passwords.

By the way, notice that the "official" name of the product uses a
lower-case "w".

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305