Re: MathLink and SparseArray

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65866] Re: MathLink and SparseArray
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 04:54:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

you can try to get the rules that correspond to
the sparse array
and pass the rules to your C-Program.

Regards
  Jens

<jmartinezv at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e1sv36$cq1$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| [This post has been delayed due to email
problems - moderator]

| Hi there,
|
| I have been using mathematica and C++  for
analyising Markov processes,
| mostly
| represented with sparse matrices. So far, I've
been
| exporting/importing the matrices
| into a file to pass the information between
mathematica and programs in
| c++.
| I am using external code due to performance
reasons.

| Is there any way I can avoid the
exporting/importing process by, for
| example,
| using a non-documented function like
MLGetRealSparseArray..., or any
| way of
| accessing the internal representation of the
SparseArray (compressed
| row format)?
|
| The matrices i am working with are square and
very sparse (<1%
| non-zero) but
| with millions of entries...
|
| many thanks in advance for any advice,
|
|  J.M.Martinez
|  Ph.D. student at University of Twente, the
Netherlands.