nearest neighbor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66075] nearest neighbor
  • From: "Kulp, Chris" <Chris.Kulp at EKU.EDU>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 06:33:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello:

I am in interested in finding the nearest neighbor for points in a space
whose dimension is greater than two.  How can I do this in Mathematica
without computing the distances between all of the points? In
particular, I am interested in developing a Mathematica notebook for the
false nearest neighbor algorithm used in nonlinear time series analysis.

Thank you for any help you can give to me.

Chris Kulp

Dr. Christopher W. Kulp, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Physics

Eastern Kentucky University