Re: Illusory Multicore Support in 5.2?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66101] Re: Illusory Multicore Support in 5.2?
  • From: Antti Penttilä <Antti.I.Penttila at invalid.helsinki.fi>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 03:41:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

OK, the answer below from Pratik Desai did the trick - now SVD is faster
and the processor load reaches 100% from time to time.

I just can't understand why my Mathematica wasn't configured like this
by default. Both Intel and AMD are very much into multicore computers
and also Mathematica advertise its multicore capabilities. Soon the
major part of new computers sold will be multicore. Where is this
'trick' of new environment variable documented? One could expect that a
professional software like Mathematica would either offer some kind of
choice when installing or then would have some option inside the program
where this could be changed.

Antti