Re: Re: Using implicit information about row indices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68363] Re: [mg68321] Re: [mg68254] Using implicit information about row indices
  • From: János <janos.lobb at yale.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 05:24:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Aug 1, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2006, at 12:59, János wrote:
>
>> Here is a newbie approach:
>
> There is a question I have wanted to ask for some time ;-)
> Is there a limit to how long one is allowed to call oneself a
> "newbie"?
>
> Andrzej Kozlowski

Well, In Hungary we used to tell: "For a newborn every joke is a new
joke".   I can read it in reverse: "Every new joke makes a born a
newborn".  So as long as I see the posted problems as new problems, I
think I "entitled" to use the phrase "newbie approach".  /Not
counting that with every found solution - hopefully - some new
neurons were created in my brain, that again makes me a "newbie" :)/

On the other side I am using Mathematica just in the last two years
and that is a miniscule time compared to other contributors of this
list.

Last, when my analysis professor - Dr. Zoltán Daróczy - kicked me out
from an exam where he asked me about Lipót Fejér's proof and I told
him Weierstrass second proof....., I knew immediately that I will be
a newbie at any time when it comes to mathematics :)

János

--------
"At a risk of being called sexist, ageist and French, if you put
multimedia, a leather skirt and lipstick on a grandmother and take her
to a night club, she's still not going to get lucky."
-- Jean Louis Gassee (of Be) on Windows 2000 being "multimedia."