DDE input in Mathematica 5.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68384] DDE input in Mathematica 5.2
  • From: "supermac" <supermac at iname.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 06:07:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to know if there is a simple way to read real time data into
Mathematica 5.2 using DDE.
The data are supplied by another program.
Normally I can import the data in real time with Excel.
DDE is a standard communication system among applications under windows, so
I would expect it to be available in Mathematica too, but I have not found much
information about it

Thanks
Alex