AuthorTools/MakeContents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68411] AuthorTools/MakeContents
  • From: Oliver Friedrich <xoliver.friedrich at tzm.dex>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 03:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hallo,

I have problems with creating a TOC.
Executing MakeContents[nb,"Simple"] aborts with the warning

NotebookSaveWarning::nbmod: The notebook must be saved to use the function
\
MakeContents.

although I have saved my notebook before executing the command.
Is it possible to insert a TOC into the notebook that executes this
command, i.e to insert a notebook into itself.

If not, how is this thing done in every days work. It would be strange if
notebook A must create a TOC.nb and then try to insert TOC.nb into A.

Is this really the way things are done with MakeContents?

--
Regards

Oliver Friedrich

My email has no x!