Re: No output or In[n] prompt appearing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68682] Re: No output or In[n] prompt appearing
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 8/14/06 at 6:44 AM, alireza.amirkhizi at gmail.com wrote:

>I have this weird problem. When I enter anything as simple as

>2+2

>and shift+Enter, there is no error or anything. It seems that the
>cell is evaluated, but nothing shows up, not even the In[1] prompt.

The only way I know to get a result like you describe is when there is no Kernel running.

Look at the menu item, Kernel->Default Kernel. Is None checked? If so, that would explain your result. This can be corrected by selecting Kernel->Default Kernel->Local which will cause the local kernel to be started on after the first shift+Enter.