RE: product formula in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68788] RE: [mg68702] product formula in mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you want a Table with unevenly spaced values then you could have an
evenly spaced list index another list of values.

However, in such cases I always think MapThread in which you can specify the
list of values directly.

Times @@ MapThread[f[x[#]] &, {{1, 3, 4, 9}}]
f[x[1]] f[x[3]] f[x[4]] f[x[9]]

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: frou [mailto:quantieny at gmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi I am interested in doing a product over a set of indices that are
not continuous
Product [ f(x_i) , { x_i, 1,3,4,9}]     Is this possible it appears
that the iterator wouldonly take sequences such as 1...10 etc.

Thanks