RE: combinatorica documentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68823] RE: [mg68815] combinatorica documentation
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 04:43:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jack,

The raw package is good. The documentation is awful and cripples the
package. The book is much better and the price one pays for getting the
package as a free add-on. Perhaps you should post specific questions to
MathGroup and those who know Combinatorica well (not me) will give you help.
I know that is not a totally adequate solution because of the time delay but
it might be enough to get you over the humps.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Jack Kennedy [mailto:jack at realmode.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi All,

Everything I find on Combinatorica, online or in the Help, seems to gloss
over the many, many functions and options of the Combinatorica package. Is
there anyplace I can find complete documentation?

(I found the book, *Computational Discrete Mathematics: Combinatorics and
Graph Theory with Mathematica*, but it's not a very complete reference
either.)

Thanks,
J. Kennedy