Re: "Freezing" evaluation Output?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68915] Re: "Freezing" evaluation Output?
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 07:15:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi AES,

> And what of the quote from the more detailed documentation: "The option
> CellAutoOverwrite is typically set to True for styles that represent
> Mathematica output."?  Does this mean that one should put this option
> not in the Input cell that does the evaluation, but in the Output cell
> that was previously produced (to protect it)?  Or, should "represent
> Mathematica output" be "generate Mathematica output"?

The option must be set for the Output Cell. The only ways I know how to do
this is either a) use a special stylesheet or b) construct the Cell
yourself and write it e.g. with CellPrint. Anyway that does not mean it
can't be done in an easier way.

If you are not sure about the documentation, why not just experiment a
little bit? I think it is easy in this case to find out what works and what
doesn't. This does not mean I think the documentation should not be more
clear, but sometimes just trying out is faster than waiting for an update
of the documentation and more reliable than to trust anonymous people
writing to newsgroups :-)

albert