Re: General--Difficulties in Understanding Mathematica Syntax

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68969] Re: General--Difficulties in Understanding Mathematica Syntax
  • From: "DarkWing" <anders.bogild at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:35:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

madhukarrapaka at yahoo.com wrote:

> And if i want to evaluate the "Intensity[xk_, yk_] " depending on a condition (say: r[xk,yk]<d) [I think it can be done by using IF statement, but i have no clue how to use the IF statement in MATHEMATICA].

The real gem in Mathematica is its online help functionality which can
be reached by pressing the 'F1' key at any time. Here you have access
to the documentation for *all* functions and packages in Mathematica.

A nice little trick is to highlight the function you are interessted in
and then press 'F1'.
For example if you want the details about the Mathematica function
If[], then write If[] in your notebook, highlight it with the mouse and
hit 'F1'

> It would be better if one can provide me some examples., or documentation which contains some solved examples in Mathematica.

All the documentation has examples, you justr have to press the little
triangle in the bottom left of the help page.

> Thanks in advance.
No problem, happy exploration :-)

- oh yeah i almost forgot; the written manual called "The Mathematica
Book" is also found electronically in the help browser. Enjoy!