Trying to animate the rotation of a plane about an axis using dynamic visualizer - MoviePlot3D.nb (0/1)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64084] Trying to animate the rotation of a plane about an axis using dynamic visualizer - MoviePlot3D.nb (0/1)
  • From: Math Novice <math_novice_2 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 04:34:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I'm trying to use dynamic visualizer 1.1 to graph a MovePlot3D
expression showing the rotation of a plane but I keep getting error
messages like "MathLink Parsing Error: Couldn't Parse a valid MathLink
Expression for MovePlot3D". I have included the Mathematica notebook
of the MoviePlot3D expression I'm trying to graph as an attachment
with this post (I hope that's allowed).

What I am trying to do is visualize how the plane of a car's wheel
changes as the semi-trailing arm it is attached to rotates from, say,
q=0 degrees (parallel to ground) to q= -90 degrees (trailing arm
rotated up 90 degrees).

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9034/semitrailingarm25ui.jpg

I am able to graph it using just Mathematica 5.0 after loading
<<Graphics`Animation` but Mathematica doesn't use the same scale for
each individual graph (for example, the z range might be 10 for one
graph and 400 for another) so that you can't get an accurate picture
of how the plane's orientation really changes as the trailing arm
rotates. So my question is, can I use dynamic visualizer to animate
how the wheel's plane changes as the trailing arm rotates like you
could, for example, with a CAD program?