Re: Contour Plot from a non matrix data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64121] Re: Contour Plot from a non matrix data
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:05:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Noga,

for the following code to work you will have to install the IMTEK
Mathematica Supplement (IMS) from:

http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/

Please note: There is also a mailing list at:

Now the code:

<< DiscreteMath`ComputationalGeometry`
Needs["Imtek`MesherUtilities`"]

data2D = Table[{Random[], Random[]}, {25}];
delval = DelaunayTriangulation[ data2D ];

Needs["Imtek`UnstructuredPlot`"]

imsUnstructuredMeshPlot[ data2D, incidents, PlotRange -> All ]

vals = Table[Random[], {Length[data2D]}];
imsUnstructuredContourPlot[ data2D, incidents, vals ]

If you can generate the mesh this works also in 3D - we use it for Finite
Element and other PDE stuff.

Hope that helps,

Oliver

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Noga wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a list of scattered points {x,y,z}.The x,y coordinates of these
> points do not construct a rectangular form.  Is there a way to plot a
> contour plot of this data?
>
> Thank you,
> Noga

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>