Re: Using Get in a Module

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64297] Re: Using Get in a Module
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 02:13:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Stu Schaffner wrote:

> Actually,  Global`x does work.  I thought I had cleared the kernel
> adequately, but apparently not.  So, this is a workaround.  It appears
> that Get generates a temporary global context for processing input,
> independent

I am quite sure that's not the case: Get operates in whatever context it is
called, see my previous posting. That is not the context set at definition
time of the function ("apackage`" in your case), but the context set when
evaluating the function-body, and that happens to be "Global`" in your
case...

> of the current context. I can live with this, I guess.  Sorry if I caused
> anybody any unnecessary work.

not too much, just some typing :-)...

albert