ListSphericalDensityPlot[] ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64537] ListSphericalDensityPlot[] ??
  • From: Bob Buchanan <Bob.Buchanan at millersville.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:31:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I have numerically approximated the omega-limit set of a model of a spherical, magnetic pendulum. For a grid of theta and phi coordinates on the unit sphere I have numerically solved the Hamiltonian system of ODEs governing the pendulum until it comes to rest (or pretty close to rest). The data is in the form of a rectangular array which I can easily display as a rectangular list density plot.

Is there a way to wrap this density plot back around the surface of the unit sphere --- something like a ListSphericalDensityPlot[] function?

I don't think there is an already defined function to perform this type of operation. Is there an easy way to do it myself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob Buchanan
Bob.Buchanan at millersville.edu