Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64665] Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?
  • From: Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 05:07:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 2006-02-25 09:48:08 +0100, "sugi.furuta at gmail.com"
<sugi.furuta at gmail.com> said:

> For rotating 3D graphics, I use an "experimental" package called
> RealTime3D, which might still be shipped by default with Mathematica -
> I can tell you that it's in release 5.1.
>
> It allows you to rotate the plot with the mouse. Unfortunately, not all
> graphics and text components may be rendered (hence the
> "experimental").
>
> Try, e.g.,
>
> << RealTime3D`
> Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1}]
>
> To return to the default 3D graphics rendering state, you'll need to
> load
>
> << Default3D`

I read about it, but being experimental, and not ``documented'', makes
me feel uncomfortable.

JavaView does the job, even though it's not so... satisfactory :)

Thanks!

--
Sensei <senseiwa at mac.com>

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it is true.      [J. Robert Oppenheimer]