Re: Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica/ functions and OOP

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63450] Re: [mg63439] Re: Mathematica Programmer vs. Programming in Mathematica/ functions and OOP
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:16:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 31 Dec 2005, at 20:40, Richard Fateman wrote:

> A nice explanation of how functional programming and OO are
> very nearly the same thing is in an appendix to P. Graham's ANSI
> Common Lisp
> book.

I don't think there is any such explanation in any of the appendices
- at least not in the 1996 edition I have. Perhaps you meant Chapter
17  "Example : Objects" ?

Hmm... You are mentioned as one of the people who  "consented to read
all or part of the manuscript" - which was it ? :-)

Andrzej Kozlowski