Re: Can anybody help?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63531] Re: Can anybody help?
  • From: Paul <gleam at flashmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 03:17:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Kent,

It comes to mind that Pick[v2, v1, Alternatives @@ v3] from my previous reply will return elements in the order that they appear in v2, which is probably not what you want.  Further that method is not as efficient as it could be.

I believe this solution is more elegant and will work much better for you all around:

v3 /. Dispatch@Thread[v1 -> v2]

Paul