Re: Plot a function on Time Scales

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63587] Re: [mg63568] Plot a function on Time Scales
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 05:24:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, Unal,

   If I understand your notation correctly, you essentially want two
continuous plots, and one discrete-point plot. Here's how I did it (note
that plot1 is so small on the vertical axis that it's essentially
invisible. I've colored it red to make sure it's really there):

Needs["Graphics`Graphics`"]    (* this is for the DisplayTogether function *)

plot1 = Plot[x^2, {x, -1, 1}, PlotStyle -> Hue[0]];

plot2 = ListPlot[({#1, #1^2} & ) /@ {2, 3, 5, 8}];

plot3 = Plot[x^2, {x, 12, 20}];

DisplayTogether[plot1, plot2, plot3];

Good luck!