Re: Annoying spacing in Default.nb

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63721] Re: Annoying spacing in Default.nb
  • From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:49:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Peter Breitfeld wrote:
> On my website (below) you can download a screenshot
> "mma-spacing.png", where I used Default.nb.

Thanks for the screenshot.  Are you using a non-default magnification?
I set my magnification to 150% and changed my font type to "Outline"
and it looked similar to yours but not exactly the same.  So there is
still some unknown reason that Mathematica is not using the exact same
font for you as it is for me.

> It's interesting, that Default.nb uses Palatino for Text, I believed
> Default.nb had Times as default.

Hmm.  Default.nb does use Times for "Text" cells.

Do you have any older versions of Mathematica also installed?  In other
applications, do you get Math1, Math2, etc. fonts that show up in the
font menu/panel or in the FontBook application?

-Rob