Re: Plot PDF of a Discrete Random Variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63807] Re: Plot PDF of a Discrete Random Variable
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:34:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thomas,

Since the binomial distribution is a discrete distribution, I believe
its pdf would be a histogram (a bar graph). I believe searching the
help browser for "histogram" will yeild the proper command. You will
need to supply the raw data to be fed into the histogram. The raw data
could probably be generated by Table[BinPDF[n,NN],{n,1,NN}], where
BinPDF is the probability distribution function, n is a given trial,
and NN is the maximum number of trials.

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Add-onsLinks/StandardPackages/Graphics/Graphics.html

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BinomialDistribution.html

I didn't test my code.