Re: Annoying spacing in Default.nb

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63776] Re: Annoying spacing in Default.nb
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:32:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

ragfield schrieb:
>> The only old Font, that shows up in FontBook ist Math2Mono. It's
>> --Fontbook says so-- in /Library/Fonts/Mathematica.dfonts. And this
>> font contains bracketing an Root stuff. Maybe this is the bad guy?
>
> That would be my best guess so far.  Mathematica includes a copy of the
> fonts that will be automatically used.  It's possible that the second
> copy is interfering somehow.   Try disabling this
> /Library/Fonts/Mathematica.dfonts with FontBook then running
> Mathematica (or alternatively you could trash that file then log out
> and log back in).

I deactivated the font, but nothing changed.
But I found some other interesting beaviour:
When I open the help-Browser and change the preferences
FontType->"Bitmap"
then the text font changes from Times to courier an back to times,
when I set Outline again. It seems, this is because I had the setting
FontOptions/FontFamily->"Palatino".

I changed that back to Times, now Times is kept when toggling
between Bitmap and Outline.

The wrong spacing in Outline ist still there.

I think I have to give up and use Bitmap as default. My private
StyleSheet sets outlined Fonts (Andale Mono for monospaced, Palatino
for Text), which works fine.

Still I hope to find a way to globally Replace all "Courier" with
"CourierNew", then I could use "Outline" without wrong spacing.

Gruss Peter
--
Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de