Re: finding Fourier Series.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63844] Re: finding Fourier Series.
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:02:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a discrete Fourier-transform is for discrete data
and Fourier[] does this.
FourierTransform[] does this symbolical for a
continuous independet variable
and otherwise you can try Sum[] with the full
definition of your transform
to find a symbolic result.

Regards
  Jens

"bd satish" <bdsatish at gmail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dqks93$ptf$1 at smc.vnet.net...

|   Hi buddies,
|
|        Which command (in  MATHEMATICA) should I
use to evaluate the
| so-called Discrete-Time Fourier Series ?
|
|     Another bug: ---
|

|    The command  FOURIER[ { list } ]   finds the
FFT (Fast Fourier
| Transform) of a list.   How can I evaluate  FFT
symbolically (instead of a
| numerical list ) ?
|
|    Specifically ,
|
|         find the FFT of    a^n * UnitStep[n]