How to define a constant in mathematica like Pi

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63963] How to define a constant in mathematica like Pi
  • From: José Carlos Santos <jcsantos at fc.up.pt>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:45:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I'm posting a question asked by someone who is currently unable to post
here. Here's the problem:

    I would like to define a constant in mathematica for example c=1.2345
    in such a way that it behaves exactly like Pi or E. That is when I
    type c then I get the output c and not 1.2345.

    If I do integration[Exp[-c*x^2],{x,-oo,oo}] then I should get
    sqrt[Pi/c] and not If[c<0...]

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos