Re: How to get range of InterpolatingFunction ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64028] Re: How to get range of InterpolatingFunction ?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:23:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 1/27/06 at 5:13 AM, kowald at molgen.mpg.de wrote:

>I wonder how I can find out the range for which an
>InterpolatingFunction object is valid ? If I have   {{y ->
>InterpolatingFunction[{{0., 3.}}, <>]}} , how can I extract the 0
>and the 3 ??

Letting f be the InterpolatingFunction object then

f/.InterpolatingFunction[{a_},__]:>a

does what you want.

A simple way to solve this type of problem is to look at Mathematica's output in InputForm. That will show you the structure of the output and usually enable you to see what pattern matching rule is needed to extract the desired portion.