Re: SetOptions for Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67565] Re: SetOptions for Notebooks
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 05:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the notbook file is a plain ASCII text file and
you can take a
ASCII editor and remove the option
FrontEndVersion->"5.0 for Microsoft Windows"
at the end of the notebook and the CacheID line at
the begin.
Regards
  Jens

"Oliver Ruebenkoenig" <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:e82n2v$qv0$1 at smc.vnet.net...

| Dear all,
|
| I have the problem that the notebooks I write
are in Version 5.2. Now,
| many people do not necessarily have Version 5.2
and they get a message
| telling them that the notebook was "... created
in a more recent version
| of Mathematica, and may not function properly
with the older front end you
| are using..."
|
| Is there any way to switch this message off?
|
| Unfortunately SetOptions[Notebook,
FrontEndVersion -> "5.0 for X"] does
| not work nor does
SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],....]

| How do other people that maintain large
collections of notebooks or
| application packages deal with this?
|
| Perhaps it is possible to swith this off on the
user side?